Monday 7 October 2013

Digital Humanities: Russia


I was invited to Russia for a few days to take part in a Digital Humanities conference hosted by The Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia. It was an incredible experience, and my research (my BA dissertation) was received much better than I had expected by the Russian guests, speakers and organisers. I was even asked to sign the books in which my work was published for them!

Despite St. Petersberg being a particularly European city in the Russian Federation, being there for a few days was amazing. The architecture and layout of the city was very formal, and it was absolutely freezing. I was thrilled to get time to wander around the Hermitage for a few hours before climbing to the top of St. Isaac's Cathedral to watch the sun set over the skyline.

A write up for the event can be found on aqnb.com soon.

(here)