Wednesday 28 May 2014

treadless

Just caught sight of this fabulous editorial via one of my fav blogs, and it's making me feel excited. Length and volume? Check - those flappy black pants rule. Flat slide sandals? Check - although notice the critical lack of tread. Neutral tones and a minimal palette? Check - with so many lux textures.

There's so much about this vibe that I love - and I'm especially keen on seeing the looks as a development of a previous editorial posted on the blog, which also praises these new style values. What's clear is that there is a powerful strength of trend in this incredibly modern silhouette - and it's one which has also begun to find value commercially via the high street. Bold lines and interesting fabric combinations certainly get the thumbs up from me, and yes, I think it's about time we realised that socks and sandals are no longer a crime. It's great to see some original new looks move into popular fashion culture - you know you're onto a winner when people think you're dressing kinda weird.



Nathalia Oliveira By Nicole Bentley For Marie Claire Australia June 2014