Monday 6 October 2014

Hard Copy

Following on from my previous post, I wanted to focus on one of the most exciting designers I worked with whilst curating some of the 3D printed content in the fashion + arts gallery at 3DPS London '14. Israeli fashion designer Noa Raviv worked closely with Stratasys - our event sponsor and arguably one of the most powerful 3D printing companies in the world - to create some really beautiful, avant-garde haute couture pieces, which I was lucky enough to handle and exhibit.

The collection, entitled 'Hard Copy' explores the idea of unique and replicated pieces. This is a common challenge that artists and designers face when working with a technology that allows for (and is very often developed for) replication purposes - however, the 3D printed elements working within the following looks subtly develop the designers investigation beautifully. The 3D pieces look CGI'd - which strangely reminds me of Celine A/W13.

I'm currently working on a written piece about Noa for our digital magazine, which I will link to on my blog later this month. In the meantime, here are some images of her amazing work.