Monday 2 November 2015

3D Printing in Paris

My third annual trip to Paris to produce a platform for creativity and education at Le Carrousel du Louvre went just as well as expected. Within the context of culture and heritage that is the museum itself, I was delighted to put together another five conference tracks over two days, which hosted presentations and panel discussions about 3D printing for numerous sectors.

My role at 3D Printshow requires me to produce sessions exploring topics like Industry and Healthcare - but for me, the opportunity to create a Design track was the highlight of my work. In order to focus on a France / European 3D printing community, I was thrilled to work once again with Arthur Mamou-Mani, fresh back from California on a school trip to Burning Man, along with the inspiring individual that is Patrick Baudisch from Germany's prestigious Hasso-Plattner Institute. Seperately, their investigations - both in a design and an academic sense - into 3D printing for modular and conceptual design are stunningly beuatiful, and I'm convinced that they are leading this area of innnovation towards some incredible results.

Creating platforms for discussion and knowledge sharing is a huge passion of mine, and at Paris this year, I certainly felt a few "wow" moments in which I knew I'd created an extremely special moment of conversation. I was especially proud of the event, and look forward to my next (and final!) job for 3D Printshow in Dubai a little later this month.