Monday 16 November 2015

Goodbye to 3D Printshow from me

After an incredible experience working full time for nearly two and half years (directly after graduation), I'm finally saying goodbye to 3D Printshow.

I wrote a post on Linkedin about my thoughts and experiences - which has had an overwhelming reaction. Please feel free to have a read via the link below:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/3d-printshow-unforgettable-journey-faith-robinson?trk=prof-post


After more than two and a half years, today marks my last day as Content Curator for international tech event, 3D Printshow.


I can't quite believe it! It's been an absolute pleasure working with this community all around the world - and from our flagship events in London, right through to our European, American and UAE shows, the people I have met and worked with have been consisently wonderful.
The generosity of knowledge, along with a genuine excitement and passion for progressing this world-changing industry continues to make our community a very special place. I feel privaleged to have taken this journey with so many of you: the established and start-up companies whose businesses have grown in sync with our event; the artists and fashion designers who have continued to create more and more stunning 3D printed work since I first met you as an intern here; the press and journalists who continue to drive public excitement for the tech; and of course, the attendees and delegates who always inspired me with their enthusiasm to learn as much as possible within my conference tracks. In addition to all of this, I'm lucky enough to have been heavily involved in creating Disruptive Magazine - with a team of exceptionally experienced individuals. This was and still is a dream come true.
For me, the focus of my work has always been to create a platform for 3D printing as a way to educate, inspire and innovate. As curator, I do not physically produce anything - I still find it difficult to get my head around CAD programs, materials as well as the specifics of the hardware. Yet I feel as though I have contributed to a very special industry, and I hope the relationships (business and otherwise) that so many of you have found at 3D Printshow continue to produce brilliant ideas and products for many years to come.

There's still a lot more coming from the 3D Printshow team in the next few weeks (along with a very special new event structure and image for 2016), so keep your eyes out.
In the meantime, I'll be working freelance on a range of relevent production, content and editorial projects in and around the 3D printing industry - whilst ticking off a few exciting destinations from my bucket list on the way. I'd be delighted to hear from you if you have any ideas about how we could work together, and wherever in the world you happen to be based, it would be my pleasure to connect and potentially collaborate.
So finally: thank you to everyone who has made my experience within the 3D printing community so special. It truly has been an unforgettable journey, and I can't wait to see what we all achieve next.

Follow me on twitter to keep in touch: @faith__robinson - and if you've enjoyed working with me, then please feel free to write a reference / endorse me on my Linkedin profile.